I have been working at my new job for about 6 weeks. Much of the time I sit at a desk, but I occasionally am running errands around the office/ship. Often while running around (or worse, just sitting), I get terrible cases of the munchies.
Confession: In the 6 weeks I have worked at the USS Midway Museum, I have gained about 6 pounds. A pound a week? Scary.
This weekend I realized that I am quickly becoming chubbier than I want to be. When I first bought my bike 7 or so weeks ago I was feeling great and skinnier. Now it gets dark right when I get home from work so I am unable to go for a quick ride and my Saturdays have been filling up with activities or errands. At work, people often bring goodies to share, or there are left over desserts and treats from events on board. The people at the cafe downstairs love us and give us free gourmet cookies. And lets admit, pre halloween season can be cruel with all the treats and post halloween doesnt get much better until resolution time.
So I am making my resolution early – they say to not wait, but start today, so I am.
How am I going to do it? I was nervous that I didnt have the will power, but I have decided to make my own pride in becoming an expert the driving force behind my new leaf.
I am going to become an expert at eating more healthy without depriving myself totally, and how to eliminate the unsatisfiable case of THE MUNCHIES – my main enemy.
So I post this as a blog for multiple reasons.
- To make myself accountable. Now you all know I have gained weight and am going to change.
- To get YOUR advice and tips
- To give you a teaser – once I figure out the secrets and test and succeed, I will be writing a follow up post to help YOU! I will be the expert. I will be able to help you once I have battled my problem.
Yes I have pride in becoming excellent at something but I try to use it in a good way to be the best I can be. I am currently learning to be the best Executive Assistant there is at work and there are other things I am trying to be my very best at. This will be one of the few and it IS going to happen.
Maybe as I find tips I will add them and we can try them; goals we can set together. Here is what I will be starting with this week.
- Getting a good night’s sleep. This will help to regulate my metabolism.
- Drinking plenty of water a day. I will drink 3 bottles of water while at work, and make sure to have 2 glasses during the evening.
- Rather than grabbing a meal replacement drink as I run out the door in the morning, I will try to actually make time to sit down and eat in the morning. What, I am not sure. I will start with Raisin Bran, my fav, but cereal doesnt always last until lunch time.
- I am going to stop at the store tomorrow morning and purchase a bag of baby carrots and some apples. Any other healthy snacks I should try?
- Pack my lunch the night before, and not just left over noodles or carb heavy meals.
This is going to work. I am going to work at it everyday to test this. I would also like to get in the habit of waking up a little earlier so I can bike for 20-30 min in the morning since it is now lighter earlier, but I’ll work up to that this week 🙂
Join me and share your tips and healthy treats!